Sunbelt Staffing is interviewing for a full time School Psychologist job in the Westminster, Colorado area. The School Psychologist will be expected to perform psycho-education assessments of students in Preschool through 12th grade. This includes assessing average, gifted, disabled and disturbed children. Caseload is around 40 students with mild to severe disabilities.
- Perform psycho-educational assessments of students
- Consult with staff and parents making recommendations for appropriate services and strategies to assist in improving student achievement
- Participate in crisis management
- Counsel students and parents in groups and individually
- Consult with staff in developing appropriate behavior goals
- Interpret test data, research available tests to meet individual school needs
- Must have Colorado Department of Education initial license with an endorsement in School Psychology
- Master's Degree in Psychology or School Psychology
- Experience in administrating and interpreting a variety of test instruments to evaluate cognitive ability, learning aptitudes, academic skills and eligibility for special education
- Experience using consultation techniques that allows for providing effective techniques that address problems in learning and behavior
- Skilled in intervention
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations
Sunbelt is looking for a School Psychologist that is looking for more than an assessment-only position. There will be a lot of counseling and other duties required for this position.
To apply or for more information, please contact Erin McDonald at (813) 261-2262 or submit resume and cover letter to Erin at email@example.com