Soliant has partnered with a school in the scenic, beach-side city of Kernsville, OR to place a School Psychologist for the 2018-2019 school year.
We seek certified school psychologists with the following skills:
- Proficiency in psychological evaluations and assessments
- Ability to deliver psychology services in a comprehensive delivery model
- Knowledge of Special Education service delivery
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Applicant responsibilities will span the following areas.
- Evaluate student progress regularly and utilize data to make instructional programs and services more effective.
- Consult on modifications required for special education students in the regular classroom.
- Assist teachers in designing learning experiences for students.
- Write behavior intervention plans and individual education plans.
- Convey the philosophy and rationale for special education services to campus level staff through in-service, staff meetings, and conferences.
- Develop school guidelines for student conduct and communicate said guidelines to students, staff, and parents.
- Determine appropriate interventions to deal with problem situations (behavioral/emotional) in the academic environment and evaluate the effectiveness of these interventions.
- Promote a collaborative school environment by working with faculty and encouraging student/parent input
- Conduct evaluations of students who demonstrate severe behavioral needs to determine appropriate programming/placement.
- Recommend behavioral management techniques or strategies for working with a student with behavioral needs.
- Ensure open communication channels between students, their caregivers, and all staff members
- Maintain accurate data for departmental reporting purposes.
- Maintain complete and accurate audit files.
- Meet timelines as indicated by state and federal mandates.
- Complete forms according to department guidelines.
- Accept referrals and discuss current needs of the student prior to testing.
- Promptly assess students referred for special education.
This is a small, rural education community that prides itself on being close-knit and supportive. With the Pacific Ocean on one side, and the forests on the other, this is a scenic spot to live and work!
To offer services as a school Psychologist, applicants must be eligible for a credential from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission. Soliant can offer guidance on the process if you're unfamiliar with it!
Start your application by using the button below, or e-mailing a resume highlighting your relevant experience to Monica Guu at firstname.lastname@example.org I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774