Sunbelt is seeking a behavior specialist for a facility in the Los Angeles area. This position will be providing services primarily to students grades 3rd and up. Qualified individuals will have a current BCBA licensure or certification with field experience. Some of the position requirements include but are not limited to:
- Be flexible/adaptable to ever changing policies/procedures/status/issues related to the individual in order to support him/her
- Have effective record keeping (i.e. monthly/quarterly notes; in-service trainings; contact information; program plans; etc.) to ensure information is readily available to interested parties (i.e. management; surveyor; etc.).
- Complete the monthly billing and submit to accounting department of monthly activities for the individuals served
- Acts as liaison with the public and mental health community for the purpose of supporting individual development goals
- Assists in developing procedures for training materials for staff involved with the individuals for the purpose of enhancing programs for individuals and ensuring that program operations are in compliance with established guidelines.
- Continued education on behaviorally based interventions & techniques to stay competitive in the field.
- Follow-up visits and monthly/quarterly notes of individual’s progression.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning within the work unit
- Master's Degree in psychology, special education, social work, or related field. Must have experience with behavioral intervention, and/or a strong educational emphasis on the principles of learning and developmental psychology. Two or more years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities or behaviorally challenged population, Must be eligible to be a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. Must be available for crisis intervention.