Soliant has partnered with a long-standing client located 20 miles outside of Temple, TX to interview Licensed Specialists in School Psychology (LSSP).
This is a full-time contract position for the 2018-2019 school year. As an LSSP, applicants will be part of a large, suburban educational community.
The scope of duties includes, but are not limited to:
- Evaluating student progress regularly, and using the findings to support instructional programs and student services
- Consulting on modifications required for special education students in the regular classroom.
- Assisting teachers in creating learning experiences for students.
- Writing behavior intervention plans and individual education plans.
- Relaying the philosophy for special education services to campus staff through in-service, staff meetings, and conferences.
- Developing guidelines for student conduct and communicating effectively to students, staff, and parents.
- Intervening appropriately in problem situations (behavioral/emotional) and evaluating the effectiveness of said interventions.
- Evaluating students who demonstrate severe behavioral challenges to determine appropriate programming/placement.
- Supervising interns whose duties will include evaluations and documentation
- Participating in Admission, Review, and Dismissal meetings as appropriate. Interpret test scores to the ARD committee to better understand the nature of the student’s strengths and weaknesses.
We seek applicants who are great communicators and administrators. Not only does the LSSP manage student behavior, they need also to provide timely feedback to parents and staff members.
In order to begin this assignment, LSSPs must be certified by the Texas Department of Education. Soliant can provide guidance in the credentialing process.
To jump start your application, please send a resume listing your relevant experience to Monica Guu at email@example.com I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774