Full Time School Psychologist - Seattle Washington
We have partnered with a wonderful school district in Seattle Washington to fill a full time school psychologist position. This position is for next school year. Psychologist will listen to concerns about academic, emotional or social problems as well as help students process their problems and plan goals and action.
- Full Time (40 hrs)
- Next School Year
- Medical Benefits
- Stipends Available
- Caseload and other specifics discussed at interview
- Current Washington Education Staff Associate (School Psychologist) certificate is required and must be on file prior to beginning work.
- Major in school psychology
- Master’s degree
- Proficiency in second language
- Ability to exhibit multicultural and ethnic understanding and sensitivity with the ability to communicate effectively with all cultural groups in the school community
- Experience working with a diverse student population and the specific school demographics
- Understanding of or willingness to learn Washington State regulations governing education of students with disabilities
- Knowledge of child development and behavior
- Knowledge of current approaches to teaching and educational interventions
- Knowledge of behavioral interventions
- Ability to build rapport and work with student, staff and parents
- Desired characteristics are: flexibility; ability to organize ideas, time and materials to accomplish goals; enthusiasm; ability to express ideas clearly and understand concepts being discussed; ability to learn new ideas and skills; ability and willingness to develop favorable relationships with students; and willingness to model behavior deemed appropriate by the school district and the community.
For serious consideration for position, Apply or email Allen Brooks. You can also call 770-325-0361 for more information.